Experience of management, team leading, recruitment and editorial planning.
Expertise within written and broadcast journalism.
Detailed knowledge of all sports and extensive range of contacts.
57 years old, married with two children.
August 2021 to date:
- Lecturer in Multimedia Sports Journalism, University Campus of Football Business
- Freelance Reporter, Voiceover, Producer
February 2007 to August 2021: Freelance Reporter, Voiceover, Producer
– Production Director for Instantmedia, delivering coverage of events for a range of clients to broadcasters and online media in the UK and beyond.
– Reporter, voiceover for ITV Sport football, rugby and cricket coverage; IMG Euro 2016 coverage for UEFA; BT Sport rugby and football highlights; Perform Group squash highlights and Omnisport news bulletins; News UK Premier League, Aviva Premiership and Test Cricket highlights clips service; Input Media UEFA Europa League Highlights show.
– Voiceover, scriptwriter for IMG/UEFA Europa League Magazine show.
– Reporter, producer of HBS “World Cup Update” news bulletins, 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cup; HBS “World Cup Preview Show”, 2018 FIFA World Cup.
-Reporter, producer for OBS 24 hour News Channel, Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
– Pitchside reporter for ITV Host Broadcast, 2015 Rugby World Cup
– Other clients include Sunset & Vine, ITN Productions, ESPN-Star, SBS, ITV.com, beIN Sports, Setanta Sports, Pitch International, Premier League Productions.
February 2005 – February 2007: Chief Editor, Nobok Sports
– Recruited and managed a team of journalists in the production of video and audio content for TV and mobile telephone platforms
– Developed close working relationships with 38 sporting celebrities
– Edited company’s sports history website
September 2004 – May 2005: Presenter, Setanta Sport
– Scripted and presented Setanta’s live studio coverage of English Premiership football, with links to camera and live interviews.
August 2001 – February 2005: Sports Reporter, ITV
– Conducted interviews, produced features, scripted and voiced match reports for ITV Sport, ITV News and the ITV Sport Channel.
– Programmes worked on include “On The Ball”, “Football League Extra”, “Carlton Sport”, “Soccer Sunday”, “London Tonight”, “The Goal Rush”, “Champions League Weekly”, “The Championship”, “London Soccer Night”, “Goal”, “Football Second”, “Football Third”, as well as the Channel’s Champions League and Premiership coverage and news bulletins.
– Also wrote and presented a weekly football radio show for ESPN Soccernet, produced by the Press Association.
December 1998 – August 2001: Sports Reporter/Presenter, Sky News
– Originally hired as Producer/Reporter, then promoted to Reporter/Presenter.
– Covered stories such as Glenn Hoddle’s resignation, Euro 2000 and the death of the two Leeds United supporters in Istanbul.
– Presented many live programmes in studio and on location.
March 1996 – December 1998: Sports Reporter/Producer, Independent Sports Network
– Produced sports programming and bulletins for GMTV.
– Appointed GMTV’s main sports correspondent, covering the 1998 World Cup in France.
– Reported and presented for “London Tonight”.
August 1993 – March 1996: Sports Reporter/Presenter, Westcountry Television
– Scripted, voiced and produced features on sports as diverse as surfing and mountain biking as well as the more traditional football and rugby union.
– Also co-presented “Westcountry Live”, a sixty minute daily early evening news programme.
January 1991 – August 1993: Freelance Journalist
– Writer & Presenter of ‘Cable Today Sports Special’ a weekly programme for United Artists Cable Channel in South London.
– Reporter for Capital Gold and many other radio stations, including Coast AM, BBC Radio WM and Radio Wimbledon, covering the Tennis Championships.
– Writer and commentator on a number of sports videos for Televideo Productions and Vision Sports International
– Journalist contributing articles for a range of magazines including ’90 Minutes’, ‘Boxing Monthly’ and ‘Cricket World’
July 1986 – December 1990: Professional Actor
– Work included a European tour of ‘Twelfth Night’ for Cheek by Jowl Theatre Company, and the role of Chuck in the Channel 4 children’s series ‘Gophers’.
1985 – 1986 Postgraduate Acting Diploma, Drama Studio London
1982 – 1985 BA Hons. (Class II Division I) Politics & History, University of York
1975 – 1982 A Levels in English, History, Government & Politics
O Levels in ten subjects, Thomas Mills Grammar School, Framlingham, Suffolk.